Having made my toasted muesli, I swung on to making breakfast trifles for my brunch with Les Chicas. I made these trifles on the day, because I wanted the muesli to still have crunch.
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 125 mL ricotta (I used light ricotta, because I picked it up by accident)
- 250 mL greek yoghurt (I used light greek yoghurt, mainly because there was no non-light greek yoghurt in stock)
- 100 mL thick cream
- Toasted muesli (if you make my recipe, you’ll have leftover muesli for breakfasts)
I made this for 4 people, in Bonne Maman jam jars. The jars are ~7.5cm in diameter, and ~9.5cm high, to give you an idea of portioning ingredients.
Hull and slice the strawberries, then pop in a bowl with the caster sugar and mix well. Leave to macerate for about an hour.
Whisk the ricotta, yoghurt and cream together until smooth, then add the agave syrup. Chill for about an hour.
Assembling the trifles happens in layers, and I discovered over the course of assembling that the perfect proportions for each layer is:
- 3 soup spoons of the yoghurt mix
- 2 soup spoons of the muesli
- Strawberries in a layer
Order of the layers:
- Strawberry layer
- Strawberries to top
Pop back in the fridge to chill until needed. This is where making them in jars was so handy: I could pop the lid on and chuck them in the fridge.